We require a story treatment prior to submission of your manuscript. Treatments consist of a description of 250 words or less, which explains the basic premise and confirms that your story meets our requirements and restrictions.
If you aren’t sure whether content in your manuscript is acceptable, this treatment will help us help you. Please feel free to ask before submitting. We try to answer questions regarding our submission guidelines within 7 days.
We are open to most anything, but we do have our limits. Pique will not accept stories:
- involving non-consensual sexual acts;
- involving sexual activity with minors (under 18, real or imagined);
- involving sexual acts between family members (real or imagined);
- involving bullying, hate speech or racism;
- related to sexual activity involving animals, corpses, scat, urine or vomit;
- that are clearly fanfiction (check your bronze-haired, green-eyed boys at the door); or,
- that are currently published or being considered for publication, in any form (including fanfiction.net, archiveofourown.org, fictionpress.net, etc.).
These restrictions should not be considered all inclusive and we reserve the right to modify this list of restrictions at any time, and without warning.