It’s 5 Minute Fiction time! You know the rules (and if you don’t, check here — but make it quick because you have only got a few minutes!), so here is your prompt:
Your entry must contain “like little birds.”
NOTE: the photo (source) is not part of the prompt–it’s decorative/inspirational only.
This week’s judge is Lady Cheeky. (You can learn more about her by clicking that link, but we suggest you wait until 8:45pm. Time is short!)
The overall winner of this week’s 5 Minute Fiction wins an copy of Anais Nin’s Little Birds!
“[It is] so distinct an advance in the depiction of female sensuality that I felt, on reading it, enormous gratitude.” —Alice Walker
A Few Notes:
- In the interest of time and formatting, it’s best to type straight into the comment box or notepad. It’s also smart to do a quick highlight and copy before you hit “post” just in case the internets decide to eat your entry. If your entry doesn’t appear right away, email us.
- We’re a little more strict on what we will allow. We reserve the right to remove entries:
- involving sexual activity with animals or minors (under 18);
- involving non-consensual sexual acts;
- involving substantial verbal abuse or deliberate and extreme humiliation;
- involving hate speech or racism;
- involving cutting, incest, necrophilia, snuff, or weapons;
- or similar, but other than than that we’re not too picky.
- This is all for fun and self-promotion. So be sure to put your twitter handle or similar at the end of your post and a link to your blog, if you have one.
Go, go, go! You have until 8:45pm ET (On the dot. Yes, we’re serious) to submit your entry in the comments section of THIS POST.
We’ll see you back here at 10pm EST with the finalists.